Saturday, February 25, 2006

Here's One From Susan D. (She's Across the Aisle but Writes Some Funny Pieces)-

Preface--This is from www.brazosriver.com. The same website that posts elected officials campaign contributions. This piece is a reflection about the ongoing battle between Eric Thode (part of the local Delay machine) and a local repub grass-roots group in NT. BTW we support any grass-roots group repub or demo that oppose the "D" machine!


___________

February 24 - Local Update:   Look, I know about local petty political squabbles.  I don’t need anyone telling me about petty local political squabbles.  I live in Richmond.  Hell, we have active political bickering here that goes back to the Jaybird- Woodpecker wars.  We’ve got people here fighting over things that even their grandparents don’t know how got started.  We’ve got folks buried here who had tacky things about their political opponents carved in their gravestones just so they could have the last say.   But, 2006 goes down as a banner year in petty politics in this county.
          And, I'll be a nakkid hen on a fence post before I let Republicans draw me into their petty local political squabbles.  I know where I'm going so I can get out of this handbasket right now!
          I used to consider myself an independent.  But local Republicans made me a total Democrat.  Hey, I admit the local Democratic party has its share of nutcases, but the local Republicans have their and someone else's share, too.  I mean, they can't even get all their petty little politicians to stand still long enough to be counted, they got so many.  Republicans made me a straight ticket Democrat and they'll do the same to you pretty soon.
          If you're here to see if I really wrote most of that stuff in an email circulating about the hypocrisy of local GOP Republican Party Chairman Eric Thode and written about in the Coaster Fort Herald Bend Coaster Texas Strayhorn Cougar Melencamp newspaper, you bet your sweet patootie I did.  I'll have to look up the actual date I wrote it, but I know it was before October of last year.  However, I did not give it to, or in any way approve of it being used by Liz Mitton or the Renamed with Less Fame newspaper. It has been posted on my website for months right here. 
          As if I wasn't mad enough to spit brimstone already, Fred Hartman at the Herald Bend Coaster Texas newspaper used my research to do an interview with Thode, wrote about it, and totally forgot my name, referring to me only as an "internet blog column."  That's just rude.  That's just unprofessional. That's just oh so typical of a man.  Fred Hartman knows my name and how to get in touch with me. To make matters worse, Fred (who will hereafter be referred to as Peabody Fudgegrass, III) wasn't smart enough to ask Thode the right questions.  I hate it when people who aren't too bright don't even bother to call me and ask me what to ask.  What do they think I'm here for? 
          In May of last year, I wrote right here on this website that Republican Party Chairman Eric Thode had filed a final report with the Texas Ethics Commission in January of 2005.  That means that in January of 2005, well over a year ago, Thode knew he was moving and wasn't going to run again.  When I wrote it, Thode's answer was to lie to everybody.  He told people that he always files a final report --- pants on fire, that is a lie so large that a picture of it would weigh 5 pounds --- and then he had his little puppy Republican blogger stand on his hind legs and beg by denying it for Thode publicly. Thode knew he was moving, but lied to his own his own party members to keep the only power he has left. 
           And for the those of you who don't live in Sugar Land and think that Eric Thode was writing about me in the Republican newsletter (which goes all over Fort Bend) when he referred to someone as "a pseudo-journalist for a local Democrat-run internet site,"  he was not talking about me.  Republicans in Katy, Needville, Richmond, Rosenberg, Stafford, Pleak and anywhere but Sugar Land think he was talking about me.  I know they do; they've called me.         
          Thode's ego was so big that he spent a page and a half in the GOP newsletter to explain that he wasn't cheating the party, he was merely deceiving the members, but he didn't have the guts to say who he was talking about.  He's a wuss.  All sombrero, no cajones.  He was talking about Liz Mitton, not me.  But the majority of people who got the newsletter didn't what what the fool tarnation he was talking about.  He wasted a page and half on something that maybe, just maybe, 200 people give a big bear's butt about. 
          And then he wrote in the GOP newsletter, "From my vantage point, I will be happy leaving the lies, rumors, and innuendo dished out by people like this in the rearview mirror."  Then go.  Leave.  Ain't nobody got a leash on you, huh?  Huh?
          And then to really get all over the last nerve I've got, Thode announces that he's staying on as party chairman until May, even after Republican voters have selected a new chairman in March.  Please.  Pretty please - somebody take away his day pass to Fort Bend.  People kept telling me to let Thode leave in peace.  There appears to be a problem with that - he won't leave and he won't let anybody have any peace. 
          If he doesn't leave, I might have to get really mad at him.  But first, I'll make jokes about him telling Peabody Fudgegrass III about needing his momma to notarize his campaign report.  Good Lord.

________

Comment: Thank you Susan D. for another entertaining piece. You are right we all shouldn't take ourselves so seriously! Even in the midst of this SLAPP suit by some of the "D" support machine there is much to laugh about! BTW did I tell you we SLAPPed 'em back pretty hard (Fraud, Deceptive Trade, Harassment, Groundless Suit, etc..with more to come. Stay tuned!).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Related story on this from SOS:

Warning: For GOP Politicos only....

Take a close look at the GOP County Chair race.

FBISD School Board elections are non-partisan. That is, candidates run for seats on the Board without a declared party affiliation.

With that in mind, SOS has not ventured into opinions on the many, many local races currently being run for various posts. There is one, however, we feel compelled to weigh in on and here's why....

The outgoing County Chair, Eric Thode, has misused his position in the past to try to influence school board elections by making endorsements as County Chair (not simply personally) and using GOP county resources to do so. He has purposely misled voters in the past and tried to politicize the school board election process.

While Mr. Thode is not seeking reelection, he has endorsed one of three candidates running. The candidate he has endorsed(Gary Gillen) has stated publicly that he intends to continue many questionable policies that Mr. Thode instituted -- including making these kinds of endorsements.

The other two candidates, Linda Howell and Jim Stokes, have pledged not to do this. Both of these individuals are well-qualified individuals with long GOP resumes locally. SOS urges your support on March 7 (or via early voting which began this week) for one of these two candidates for County Chair who will tend to the business of the Republican Party -- not the business of Fort Bend ISD.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello JK. Here's one for you:

A truck driver would amuse himself by running over lawyers. Whenever he saw a lawyer walking down the side of the road he would swerve to hit him, enjoy the load, satisfying "THUMP", and then swerve back onto the road.

(at this point some of you are probably wondering how the trucker could distinguish the lawyers from the humans. Obviously he saw the trail of slime they left!)
One day, as the truck driver was driving along he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the truck over.
He asked the priest, "Where are you going, Father?"
"I'm going to the church 5 miles down the road," replied the priest.
"No problem, Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in the truck." The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the truck driver continued down the road.
Suddenly the truck driver saw a lawyer walking down the road and instinctively he swerved to hit him. But then he remembered there was a priest in the truck with him, so at the last minute he swerved back away, narrowly missing the lawyer. However even though he was certain he missed the lawyer, he still heard a loud "THUD". Not understanding where the noise came from he glanced in his mirrors and when he didn't see anything, he turned to the priest and said, "I'm sorry Father. I almost hit that lawyer."
"That's okay", replied the priest. "I got him with the door!"

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the comment about the republicans eating their own is a perfect metaphor for Thode's activities.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More lawyer's jokes for JK:

Why do they bury lawyers 27 feet under?
'Cuz deep, deep down, they're good people!

What's the difference between a Catfish and a lawyer?
One is a scum sucking bottom dweller, and the other is a fish.

Why does California have the most lawyers and New Jersey the most toxic waste dumps?
New Jersey had first pick.

How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?
Their lips move.

How do you get a lawyer out of a tree?
Cut the rope.

How do you stop a lawyer from drowning?
Take your foot off it's head.

. . . ;-)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

POLLHOST POLL RESULTS:

POLLHOST POLL RESULTS:

 

Question: Do you trust Allen Owen, mayor of Missouri City, TX, to represent you rather than his Houston corporate backers?

 

Results:

 

3%  participating said yes  (n20)

 

91%  participating said no  (n573)

 

6%  participating responded not sure  (n39)

 

(N) sample =  632

 

Stay tuned as more surveys for coming elections are posted!

Web Statistics
Alienware Computers

This site covers the Missouri City, Texas and local vicinity. Copyright (c) c.calvin 2005-2010 ....you can contact the web-blog coordinator for MCC/CRD at responsible_dvlpmnt@yahoo.com